<This post may contain affiliate links. As An Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at absolutely no cost to you! Enjoy and happy reading!>
This easy and delicious dinner of baked citrus salmon, black beans, rice and broccoli can be ready and on the table in about 30 minutes! Life is hard enough, so why not do all we can to simplify dinner without sacrificing nutrition?
Related Post: American Ninja Dinner Mom Warrior
List of Ingredients:
- 1.5lb of Salmon Fillets (I buy mine at Costco)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp dry seafood rub of choice. I used the Fire and Flavor Classic Rub that goes great on chicken, seafood and pork. Don’t have that? Just use salt and pepper… maybe a little garlic powder… and call it a day!
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 (or 2) bag(s) of boil-in-a-bag rice of choice. I used Success Rice Basmati because it is what I had in my pantry.
- 1 Tbsp butter (optional for the rice)
- Salt to taste (optional for the rice)
- 1 bag of steam-in-a-bag broccoli or vegetables of choice. I used Eat Smart Broccoli.
- 1 can of black beans
In order to get this meal on the table in about 30 minutes, it does require some multi-tasking on your part.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil of choice such as PAM
- Boil 6-8 cups of water (for the rice)
- Open can of black beans, place in a small sauce pot, set heat to low and cover.
- Place Salmon on the foil-lined baking sheet and brush all sides of fish with olive oil
- Sprinkle the 1-2 tsp of seafood rub over the top of the salmon.
- Place pieces of sliced lemon on top of the salmon
- Once oven is preheated, cook salmon for approximately 25 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with the turn of a fork (see picture).
- While fish is baking, place bag of boil in a bag rice into boiling water and let cook for 10 minutes
- Place bag(s) of rice in colander for a few minutes to drain
- While rice is draining, pierce bag of vegetables with a fork and stem in microwave for approx 4-5 minutes or as instructed on the bag.
- Cut open bag(s) of rice and pour into a bowl.
- Mix butter into rice and add salt to taste if desired.
Once your fish is cooked, rice is buttered and salted, black beans are heated and veggies are steamed, put all of these delicious items on a plate and… viola! Dinner is served.
*Time saving Tip: As dinner is cooking I always set the table or have my kids do it to save on time. That way, when the food comes out of the oven I can plate it up and serve it hot with the table set and ready to go.
I hope you guys enjoy the meal! What quick and easy dinners does your family like?
Want more awesome recipes from The Flower Donkey Diaries? Check these out!
- Super Cheesy Grits Casserole with Eggs and Bacon
- Taco Pie
- Totally Awesome Guacamole
- Easy School Lunch Sandwich Hack
Did you enjoy reading this post from The Flower Donkey Diaries as much as I LOVED writing it? If so, I would SWIM UPSTREAM LIKE A SALMON of you’d click on these links to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and/or Facebook! Thank you so much and, as always, happy reading!